Thursday, October 6, 2011

Beating the Beat: Title & Keywords Post

I am late coming up with a Title and Keywords for my BGI Beat Blog and my personal brand. Instead of leaning into Fail Forward Fast, I find myself zipping around the hamster wheel. As in doing a lot of work, without moving forward.

My big tent topic is about energy efficiency. It allows room for the rest to develop. I am mentally building posts about my personal efforts to create a lighter footprint. At the same time I'm getting closer to a related goal of promoting and better understanding businesses and people that bring together all the good things about food and community and good energy. Writing is a great tool to help me gather my, as yet, scattered kernel of an idea together.

I admit that the title piece has me stuck (At least until I'm not). I have lists of personal attributes, plus related words and phrases. Or is it words and phrases with related attributes? Aack! Conscious. Evolving. Elegant. Resilient. Imagine. Next. Integrity. Compassion. Natural. Deep. Strategic. Passionate. Real. Vision. Meaningful.

(edited to add: "Here's Tamara. Now with new and improved Authenticity features. Get yours today"

Am I mixing up Brand and Beat? In any case, the Title has me stumped for the moment. I hereby set it aside for a bit so the rest can continue unfolding. And I welcome you, readers and fellow students, to share ideas. I'd love to capture something about the beauty and elegance of living consciously and in sync. Points for catchy and funny too.

On the bright side, the Branding assignment, while still at the baby steps stage, already inspired me on the journey toward right livelihood. Spent the morning revising the intro to my resume and it is already reading so much better.

Proposed Beat Blog Keywords: BGI566sx, BGI, energy, efficiency, home, sustainable, business, green, alternative, resilience, lighting, retrofit

1 comment:

  1. Tamara, Your posts articulate so much of what I've been feeling about the course and the challenges we face in the assignments. I'm trying to do what you've so elegantly put as setting "it aside for a bit so the rest can continue unfolding." I find myself being impatient for the "unfolding" part!
    I'm looking forward to reading your blog. I am not the best candidate to think of catchy titles and I love the words Synchronicity, Elegance, Life and Beauty. Although they don't necessarily lend themselves to humor!

    ReplyDelete